This post outlines some of the things you may want to do / start doing before you commission a website. We are often asked what the prerequisites of website design are and hopefully we can clear them up with this article!
- Have a clear goal in mind – Weather you are wishing to improve your general number of business leads, push a specific product or help customers find you, it’s always important to understand the purpose of your site.
- Have a general outline of the information you wish to have on the site along with a possible page structure, lots of our customers get confused with this – we are always happy to advise!
- Start collecting media & images along with any design inspiration – Its great when all stakeholders are clear about how a finished product should look. Having examples of things you like is always a good first step to achieving this. Its good to have a well defined colour scheme this can come from you or us.
- Have a logo made or ask us to help you out- Graphic design isn’t our strong point but we have links to a couple of people/businesses who can help.
- Buy your domain name – your domain name (web address) should be purchased to ensure no one else claims it before you, if you aren’t ready for your website yet, why not commission a domain holding page for a very reasonable price, this will allow you to start using your professional email address.
If you are ready for a website, please contact email@example.com and we can start the development process, the build time varies between projects depending on the complexity of the design.